Criminal Defense Lawyer in New York City
My name is Bruce Yerman. I’m a New York City criminal defense lawyer.
If you’re accused of a crime, I’m here to help you.
Take Charge of Your Situation
You give me the facts. I give you legal advice that you can act on.
Uncertainty creates anxiety and fear. I address this by:
- Learning the facts of your case.
- Explaining your legal situation to you.
- Protecting you with a criminal-defense strategy that fits your legal needs.
Initially, I will help you understand:
- How the criminal justice system works.
- The likelihood of avoiding a criminal conviction.
- Your chances of avoiding jail if you’re convicted
- The effect a criminal conviction might have on your ability to continue working at your job; to keep your professional license; to receive student loans; to maintain your immigration status; to work at a bank.
In learning the facts of your case, you will help me understand:
- What happened – what led to your arrest.
- Your personal circumstances, such as: family members who rely on you for support; your health; the type of work you do; the professional licenses you hold; your immigration status.
- Your priorities and your concerns.
Together, we will develop a defense strategy focused on limiting, or eliminating, the criminal justice system’s power to affect your future. I am an experienced criminal defense lawyer. Contact my law office to learn how I can help you develop a defense strategy that best protects you.
Committed to Protecting Your Rights
This is likely a time of terrible uncertainty for you, if you’ve been accused of committing a serious offense, such as:
- Drunk driving (DWI, DUI)
- Domestic violence
- Grand larceny
- Drug crimes
- Sex crimes
I understand your future is on the line. Penalties for a conviction vary, but can result in hefty fines, probation, prison time, suspended license and a criminal record. If you’re found guilty, numerous “collateral consequences” can also directly affect your life.
For 22 years, I’ve dedicated my career to protecting my clients. When you retain me as counsel, I will help you understand the charges against you. Together, we will assess your case. We’ll discuss likely scenarios. I will provide recommendations intended to move you forward to a better future. I’m here to help you make well-informed, intelligent legal decisions.
Contact a New York Criminal Lawyer 24/7
Contact my New York City criminal defense office online, or call me at 646-360-0290 to schedule a free initial consultation. As your criminal defense lawyer, I’ll be readily accessible to you throughout your case. I understand what’s at stake when you’re charged with a crime. I accept phone calls after regular business hours, and I promptly return calls to address your legal concerns.
My law office is conveniently located within walking distance of the Manhattan Criminal Courthouse. I accept payment by cash, check, credit card or debit card.