Criminal Defense Lawyer in New York City
You need a criminal defense lawyer because you’ve been accused of a crime in New York City …
- A patrol car pulled you over late at night for failing to use your turn signal, and the officer smelled alcohol on your breath.
- A neighbor called 911 when an argument with your spouse got physical.
- Your employer fired you, and now a detective wants you to come to the precinct to discuss missing funds.
- A security guard stopped you as you exited Macy’s, claiming you took merchandise that you didn’t pay for.
- Police searched your friend’s car while you were a passenger, and found a gun on the floor, and drugs.
You’ve been arrested, or you’re going to be arrested soon. You can’t stop thinking about what will happen:
- Am I going to jail?
- What will happen to my family?
- Will I lose my job?
- What are my rights?
- How can I protect myself?
You might be innocent. Or perhaps you did what you’re accused of doing. Maybe you did some of it, but not all. Whatever the situation, my goal is to help you regain control of your life by reducing your fear, anxiety and confusion. Initially, I do this by answering whatever questions you have.
My name is Bruce Yerman. I’m a criminal defense lawyer. I love my job. I’ve been doing it for more than 20 years.
You might find answers to some of your questions on this website. For example:
- Why you should never speak with police.
- What the penalties are for different drunk driving offenses.
- What to consider when deciding whether to testify before a grand jury.
- How to choose a criminal defense lawyer.
However, to get specific information that relates directly to you, I recommend that you contact me at 646-360-0290 for a Free Consultation. We can discuss your case in detail at my office located on the 4th Floor of 160 Broadway in Manhattan.
Take Charge of Your SituationYou give me the facts. I’ll give you legal advice that you can act on.
Uncertainty creates anxiety and fear. I address this by:
- Learning the facts of your case.
- Explaining your legal situation to you.
- Protecting you with a criminal-defense strategy that fits your needs.
Initially, I will help you understand:
- How the criminal justice system works.
- The likelihood of avoiding a criminal conviction.
- Your chances of avoiding jail if you’re convicted
- The effect a criminal conviction might have on your ability to continue working at your job; to keep your professional license; to receive student loans; to maintain your immigration status; to work at a bank.
By explaining the facts of your case in detail, you will help me understand:
- What happened – what led to your arrest.
- Your personal circumstances, such as: family members who rely on you for support; your health; the type of work you do; the professional licenses you hold; your immigration status.
- Your priorities and your concerns.
Together, we will develop a defense strategy focused on limiting, or eliminating, the criminal justice system’s power to affect your future.
Committed to Protecting Your RightsThis is likely a time of terrible uncertainty for you, if you’ve been accused of committing a crime such as:
I understand that your future is on the line. Penalties for a conviction vary, but can result in hefty fines, probation, prison time, suspended license and a criminal record. If you’re found guilty, numerous “collateral consequences” can also directly affect your life.
For 22 years, I’ve dedicated my career to protecting my clients. When you retain me as your lawyer, I will help you understand the charges against you. Together, we will assess your case. We’ll discuss likely scenarios. I will provide recommendations intended to move you forward to a better future. I’m here to help you make well-informed, intelligent legal decisions.