New York City Criminal Defense Lawyer
You will need a New York City criminal defense lawyer if you’ve been accused of a crime in NYC, Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens, or Staten Island. Here are some real-world examples of why you may need to contact a NYC criminal defense attorney…
- A patrol car pulled you over late at night for failing to use your turn signal. The officer smelled alcohol on your breath.
- A neighbor called 911 when an argument with your spouse got physical.
- Your employer fired you two weeks ago. Now a detective wants you to come to the precinct to discuss missing funds.
- A security guard stopped you as you exited Macy’s, claiming you took merchandise without paying for it.
- Police searched your friend’s car while you were a passenger. They found a gun on the floor, and drugs.
You’ve been arrested, or you’re going to be arrested soon. You can’t stop thinking about what will happen:
- Am I going to jail?
- What will happen to my family?
- Will I lose my job?
- What are my rights?
- How can I protect myself?
You might be innocent. Or perhaps you did what you’re accused of doing. Maybe you did some of it, but not all. Whatever the situation, my goal as a NYC criminal defense attorney is to help you regain control of your life. This means reducing your fear, anxiety and confusion.
My name is Bruce Yerman. I’m a professional New York City criminal defense lawyer. I’m good at my job. I’ve been a criminal defense lawyer in NYC for more than 23 years. I have represented and provided legal advice for NYC, Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens, and Staten Island.
You might find answers to some of your questions on this website. For example:
- Why you should never speak with police.
- What the penalties are for different drunk driving offenses.
- What to consider when deciding whether to testify before a grand jury.
- How to choose a criminal defense lawyer.
However, to get specific information that relates directly to you, I recommend that you contact NYC criminal defense attorney at 646-360-0290 for a Free Consultation. We can discuss your case in detail at my office located at 160 Broadway in Manhattan.
Take Charge of Your Situation
You give me the facts. As one best New York City criminal defense lawyers, I’ll give you the best legal advice that you can act on.
Uncertainty creates anxiety, fear and confusion. I address this by:
- Learning the facts of your case.
- Explaining your legal situation to you.
- Protecting you with a criminal-defense strategy that fits your needs.
Initially, I will help you understand:
- How the criminal justice system works.
- The likelihood of avoiding a criminal conviction.
- Your chances of avoiding jail if you’re convicted
- The effect a criminal conviction might have on your ability to continue working at your job; to keep your professional license; to receive student loans; to maintain your immigration status; to work at a bank.
By explaining the facts of your case in detail, you will help me understand:
- What happened – what led to your arrest.
- Your personal circumstances, such as: family members who rely on you for support; your health; the type of work you do; the professional licenses you hold; your immigration status.
- Your priorities and your concerns.
Together, we will develop a defense strategy focused on limiting, or eliminating, the criminal justice system’s power to affect your future.
Committed to Protecting Your Rights
This is likely a time of terrible uncertainty for you, if you’ve been accused of committing a crime such as:
I understand that your future is on the line. Penalties for a conviction vary, but can result in restitution, fines, probation, prison time, suspended driver’s license, and a criminal record. Also, if you’re found guilty, “collateral consequences”, such as loss of employment or loss of immigration status, can impact you.
For 23 years, I’ve dedicated my career to protecting my clients, as a New York City criminal defense lawyer. When you retain me as your lawyer, I will help you understand the charges against you. Together, we will assess your case. We’ll discuss likely scenarios. I will provide recommendations intended to move you forward to a better future.
I’m here to help you make well-informed, intelligent legal decisions.
Contact NYC Criminal Defense Lawyer 24/7
Contact me online, or call me at 646-360-0290 to schedule a Free Consultation. As your criminal defense lawyer in New York City, I’m readily accessible to you throughout your case.